The first pan-European initiative supporting concert venues in their efforts to promote emerging European music.
Ancienne Belgique is the proud founder and coordinator of Liveurope, the platform making it possible for venues all over Europe to work together. In collaboration with each other they can boost the diversity of the EU’s rich music scene. The core mission is to provide opportunities for fresh and talented European artists to play iconic stages an find their audience across borders.
Since 2014, Liveurope has been encouraging 16 of the most iconic European music venues to diversify their programs and seek out the emerging European artists that are yet to be discovered. The platform provides a safety net to all the Liveurope venues in order to book more promising talents from all EU countries and brings them to our concert halls .
In the past seven years, Liveurope has already supported over 2700 artists representing 40 European nationalities. Thanks to the platform's financial bonus system, the Liveurope venues have been booking around 63% more emerging European artists.
In other words, the acts that get the chance to perform today in the EU through Liveurope are the Christine and The Queens, Years & Years and Rosalía’s of tomorrow. Plus, Liveurope is also a quality label for the venues. So when you go to a concert organised by the platform, you know you can expect a high quality production and that you’re supporting Europe’s diverse and promising artists.
The platform is co-funded by the Creative Europe Program of the European Union. It also regularly launches initiatives with national public bodies and foundations to boost the mobility of artists in particular regions. One of them is the Above 55° initiative, supported by the Nordic Culture Fund, that aims to increase the visibility and booking opportunities of young Nordic talent.
Member venues of Liveurope:
- Coordinator: Ancienne Belgique, Brussels, Belgium
- A38, Budapest, Hungary
- L'Aéronef, Lille, France
- Sala Apolo, Barcelona, Spain
- Blå, Oslo, Norway
- Debaser, Stockholm, Sweden
- FZW, Dortmund, Germany
- Kino Šiška, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Melkweg, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- MKC, Skopje, North Macedonia
- Močvara, Zagreb, Croatia
- Musicbox, Lisbon, Portugal
- Nová Cvernovka, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Palác Akropolis, Prague, Czech Republic
- Posthof, Linz, Austria
- Principal Theater Club, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Rockhal, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
- Stodoła, Warsaw, Poland
- Santeria Toscana 31, Milan, Italy
- Vega, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Village Underground, London, UK
For more information:
- Visit Liveurope: http://www.liveurope.eu
- Follow us on: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
- Check out our next Liveurope-supported concerts below.