A striking trend: although many (inter)national bands can easily fill venues with a larger capacity, this autumn, acts are noticeably and making a conscious choice to play multiple dates at AB. They allow them to get closer to the audience than in larger venues, but more importantly - which is often overlooked - artists enjoy playing frequently and playing a lot, because that is their raison d'être. For their multi-date concerts, international trendsetters Mogwai present their new album ‘Every Country’s Sun’, Fleet Foxes bring us ‘Crack-Up’, whichthey released just before the summer, Future Islands reprise their glorious appearance at Rock Werchter with songs from ‘The Far Field’, Nils Frahm presents his yet-to-be-released album ‘All Melody’ and Run The Jewels’ rage is not yet rapped out after releasing uppercut ‘Run The Jewels 3’ at the beginning of the year.
But some of our very own Belgians are also treating us to multi-date concerts. The Emperor of Flemish Song will be recording ‘Will Tura – Live At AB’ and Bart Peeters will perform his brand-new album ‘Brood Voor Morgenvroeg’. In December, the roof is bound to come off with the already sold-out two-day concerts by, among others, Triggerfinger, Girls In Hawaii and Front 242.
On the programme:
- WILL TURA: ‘LIVE AT AB' > SATURDAY 23 + SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER
- BART PEETERS: BROOD VOOR MORGENVROEG > WEDNESDAY 4 + THURSDAY 5 OCTOBER
- MOGWAI > FRIDAY 20 + SATURDAY 21 OCTOBER
- RUN THE JEWELS > SUNDAY 5 + MONDAY 6 NOVEMBER
- FUTURE ISLANDS > FRIDAY 10 + SATURDAY 11 NOVEMBER
- FLEET FOXES > FRIDAY 17 + SATURDAY 18 NOVEMBER
- NILS FRAHM: ‘ALL MELODY’ > THURSDAY 8 + FRIDAY 9 FEBRUARI
DECEMBER BELGIAN MONTH: FROM CHARLOTTE DE WITTE TO GIRLS IN HAWAII!
We quote: ‘In December, the roof is bound to come off with the already sold-out two-day concerts by, among others, Triggerfinger, Girls In Hawaii and Front 242.' Add to that concerts by The Van Jets, Charlotte de Witte (as part of Neon), the 5-day series The New Wave of Jazz (including Melanie De Biasio and TaxiWars), the totally normal and streamlined pop of Kenji Minogue, the celebration of the 25th anniversary of K’s Choice and the annual Bear Concerts with Kapitein Winokio's surprise guests - December will be THE best Belgian month in AB history. And then we can’t even tell you about a number of unconfirmed concerts by Belgian trendsetters who will certainly be making their mark.
On the programme:
- FRONT 242 > FRIDAY 1 + SATURDAY 2 DECEMBER
- GIRLS IN HAWAII > MONDAY 4 + TUESDAY 5 DECEMBER
- KENJI MINOGUE > SATURDAY 9 DECEMBER
- K’S CHOICE – 25th ANNIVERSARY > WEDNESDAY 13 DECEMBER
- TRIGGERFINGER > THURSDAY 14 + FRIDAY 15 DECEMBER
- TAXIWARS + BLACK FLOWER + BRZZVLL + DE BEREN GIEREN + THE MECHANICS + AAN/EOP
> SATURDAY 16 DECEMBER
- MELANIE DE BIASIO PRESENTS ‘LILIES’ + HOERA. > SUNDAY 17 DECEMBER + MONDAY 18 DECEMBER
- THE VAN JETS > THURSDAY 21 DECEMBER
- NEON with CHARLOTTE DE WITTE > VRJDAG 22 DECEMBER
- KAPITEIN WINOKIO: BERENCONCERTEN > THURSDAY 28 + FRIDAY 29 + SATURDAY 30 DECEMBER