Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more then 320,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top European concert venues. All this is well managed by a motivated and professional team of about 50 employees.
To strengthen the management team, we are looking for a ‘Facility Manager’.
AB is open to any candidate. Selection occurs on the basis of competences, regardless of gender, religion, skin colour, nationality, sexual preference or disability. We strive for an inclusive operation that reflects the reality of Brussels – in the audience, on stage, and within the AB team.
AB is a forerunner in terms of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.
- As ‘Facility Manager’ you bear ultimate responsibility for the management, maintenance, safety and equipment of the building complex that is AB. Future infrastructural projects are also under your care. You manage a team of employees and you are part of the management team.
- The AB building is property of the Flemish Community and contains 10,000 m2 which includes three concert halls, 2 office zones, meeting rooms, a recording studio, various catering outlets, two kitchens and soon a new cafe-restaurant on the roof.
- You are independently responsible for the preparation, development and supervision of future infrastructure projects. You do this in close collaboration with the Infrastructure Commission of the Flemish Community.
- You develop an ambitious vision for sustainable energy use, including the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions as described in the Flemish Climate Strategy 2050. You are responsible for developing and implementing a corresponding action plan.
- The safety of staff, audience and artists is under your supervision. Together with the Building Manager /Internal Health & Safety Advisor, you identify health & safety risks and develop a global prevention plan and annual action plans.
- You are responsible for the long-term planning based on a multi-year maintenance plan.
- You negotiate the contracts with the maintenance firms and concession holders. You take the necessary measures to ensure that these ‘service-level agreements’ are correctly adhered to. You are the internal IT system administrator and manage the technical environment together with the external IT partner.
- You coordinate the maintenance team. You develop and motivate your team members.
- You have completed a master’s degree in Facilities Management or have acquired equivalent knowledge (construction, electrotechnology, general mechanical engineering, etc) through experience.
- You are familiar with the Windows Server Operating Systems & Services and of building management systems (Desigo). Notions of government procurement legislation is a plus.
- Experience in IT project management is a bonus.
- You have at least 5 years of technical and managerial experience. You are systematically strong in managing people, but also possess the necessary soft skills to coach, develop and motivate employees.
- You are adept at structuring time, space and priorities when tackling tasks or problems.
- You maintain high quality standards in your work , and always strive to improve systems and procedures.
- You have good analytical abilities. You recognize important information, make connections and understand problems in their full complexity.
- As a member of the management team, you are genuinely involved in themes such as sustainability, diversity, inclusion, local anchoring, … You know how to create support for these themes within your team.
- You have a good verbal and written knowledge of French and English.
- A fulltime contract of permanent employment.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group and hospital insurance, 13th month, year-end bonus and numerous fringe benefits.
- Extensive training opportunities.
- A challenging job, lots of music and great colleagues.
Send your questions and/or letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com prior to 15 August.