Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels with a passion for young talent and established names. Niche and mainstream. Adventurous and genre-transcending. Through some 400 concerts and projects per year, we try to give more than 300,000 visitors a year an unforgettable evening.
All this is managed by a motivated team of some 60 employees. To strengthen the communications team, we are looking for a ‘Ticketing & Customer Service staff member’.
- You are a part of the sub-team Ticketing within AB’s communications team. Together with three fine and experienced colleagues, you are responsible for the hundreds of thousands of tickets & token vouchers that fly out our doors every year.
- You are jointly responsible for event management on our various platforms. This involves maintaining an overview of all ticket sales for the AB concert calendar.
- You contribute to AB’s customer service and customer care. This involves paying sufficient attention to permanent audience enquiry and the continuous optimisation of audience comfort.
- You are jointly responsible for managing AB’s guestlist and do so in an objective and considered manner.
- You will help to staff the front desk during the day and on concert evenings.
- You help determine the content of our Solidarity Ticket story and follow it up in terms of both budget and organisation. As the person in charge of the ‘Solidarity Ticket’ project, you head out into the city and establish a sustainable network of Brussels partner organisations (socio-cultural organisations, collectives, youth organisations, umbrella organisations, …).
- You develop threshold-reducing initiatives (with regard to pricing, language use, visibility, ...), so that everyone can feel safe and welcome in AB.
- You assist your colleagues whenever necessary in other tasks within team TC Matic (Team Communication Marketing Ticketing).
- You have experience with ticketing, preferably within the music or event sector.
- Enthusiasm, customer-friendliness, and motivation are more important than diplomas.
- You are stress-resistant, know how to organise your work well, and work very accurately.
- You have a sense of initiative and work well both independently and in a team.
- You are sociable, communicative, and empathetic.
- You have a strong link with Brussels. You can find your way in the network of social and cultural organisations.
- You are a natural networker with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You speak and write fluently in Dutch, French and English.
- You are prepared to do regular evening or weekend work (on average, once a week).
- Fill-time contract of permanent employment with immediate commencement.
- Remuneration according to the salary scale of PC 304.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group- and hospitalisation insurance, 13th month, year-end bonus, and a number of extra-legal benefits.
- Ample training opportunities.
- A challenging job in a fantastic team. ❤
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 24-09-2023.
The first round of interviews will take place during the first week of October. Commencement is possible as of November 2023.
AB is open to any candidate and selections are made based on qualifications and talents. We strive for an open and inclusive operation that reflects the reality of Brussels: in the audience, on stage, and within the AB-team.