Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more then 320,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top European concert venues. All this is managed by a motivated and extremely professional team of about 50 employees.
Aside from presenting national and international bands, in the coming years, AB will have an extra focus for local projects and nightlife. We head out into the city and bring the city - in all its diversity – into AB. In order to make room for these new ambitions, we are looking for an extra production manager. In this position, you coordinate various sorts of productions: large venue concerts, nightlife, B2B events and local projects.
- Together with three other production managers, you are responsible for the impeccable execution of the various types of productions within AB. You coordinate and supervise a production from A to Z.
- You collect all the practical, technical and logistical information that is required for each production. You analyse the requests of the artistic team, external partners or bands. You assess the (technical) possibilities, and actively seek solutions.
- You provide a clear briefing and planning for your colleagues on the various productions.
- During a production you maintain an overview, and you are the central point of contact for AB employees (technology, ticketing, security, bar,..) and tour management.
- Together with the head of security & hospitality, you ensure a safe and audience-friendly concert experience.
- You supervise the safe and correct use of materials, products and procedures.
- You intervene in the event of problems, so that the continuity of the concerts is ensured.
- You are a born organiser with several of years of experience in a similar position.
- Motivation and enthusiasm are more important than diplomas. You have a heart for Brussels, music and AB in particular.
- You work proactively, hands-on and solution-oriented. You are stress-resistant and know how to organise your work independently.
- You are synonymous with open and positive communication, with colleagues as well as musicians and audiences. You can express yourself fluently in Dutch, French and English.
- You like to work result-oriented, but also process-oriented for local or participatory projects.
- You have a basic technical knowledge (lighting, sound, backline, electricity, ...) or are willing to learn this in the short term.
- You have a type B driver’s license.
- You are happy to work evenings and in the weekend.
- A full-time employee contract of permanent employment.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group and hospital insurance, 13th month, year-end bonus and numerous fringe benefits.
- Flexible work hours, with the possibility of recuperating overtime.
- A challenging job, lots of music, and great colleagues.
Send your questions and/or letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com before 15 September.
AB is open to every candidate. Selection occurs on the basis of competences, regardless of gender, religion, skin colour, nationality, sexual preference or disability. We strive for an inclusive operation that reflects the reality of Brussels – in the audience, on stage, and within the AB team.
AB is a forerunner in terms of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector.
Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.