Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more then 320,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top European concert venues. All this is managed by a motivated and extremely professional team of about 50 employees. In order to strengthen the business unit, we are looking for a ‘HR Support’.
- The job of ‘HR Support’ is a new one within AB. Together with the HR Manager, you ensure an HR Policy that matches the ambitions, culture and uniqueness of AB.
- As ‘HR support’, your focus is mainly on the daily administrative and logistical tasks of the HR Policy.
- You are the first point of contact for questions from personnel about social documents, time credit (career break), holidays, fringe benefits, etc. You take into account the employment legislation, applicable Collective Labour Agreements and the employment regulations. You make a first selection and, if necessary, delegate questions to the social secretariat or the HR Manager.
- You manage the time registration system Protime. You ensure correct use by employees and help with individual questions.
- You prepare the monthly payroll together with the HR Manager.
- You analyse administrative processes and always look for opportunities to improve them.
- You participate in the elaboration and follow-up of various HR projects in the fields of diversity, recruitment & selection, learning & development, well-being & workplace health and safety, ...
- Together with a group of other colleagues, you take on the role of ‘chief happiness officer’.
- You are a part of the broader operations of AB and, if necessary, you also support other teams within AB. For example, it may be that the neighbours from the financial team could use some help in following up invoices, or you might fill in for someone at reception who is absent.
- You already have a first experience within personnel administration, or you followed a relevant training. Knowledge of social legislation and payroll management is a plus.
- You gain a great deal of satisfaction from maintaining an accurate administration and a correct service to the AB employees.
- You work in a structured and independent way to plan, carry out, and follow up tasks.
- You can deal with people well; you are communicative and socially adept.
- You work easily with others, both internally and externally, with other partners and organisations.
- You can handle confidential information; you are diplomatic and discreet in this respect.
- You have a basic knowledge of French & English.
- You have an affinity with broader HR topics such as inclusion in the workplace, ‘employee experience’, stress prevention, … and are motivated to also take on administrative and logistical tasks in this respect.
- You feel involved in the workings of AB, and more specifically in the importance of a dynamic personnel policy in order to realise our ambitions. Your interest in AB is broad, and you are prepared to also support other teams administratively or logistically in busy periods.
- A 3/5 or 4/5 employee contract of permanent employment.
- Renumeration according to the salary scale of PC 304.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group- and hospital insurance, 13th month.
- Ample training opportunities.
- A challenging job, lots of music, and great colleagues.
Application Send your letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com prior to 18 April. Since we are also looking for a new colleague as ‘bookkeeper’ (see other job vacancy), you may also mention experience and competences related to this position in your letter. We are looking for a strong tandem that can support each other during busy periods.
The first round of interviews will take place on April 21. Employment can commence as soon as possible.
AB is open to any candidate. Selection occurs on the basis of competences, regardless of gender, religion, skin colour, nationality, sexual preference or disability. We strive for an inclusive operation that reflects the reality of Brussels – in the audience, on stage, and within the AB team.
AB is a forerunner in terms of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.