Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more then 320,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top European concert venues. All this is well managed by a motivated and professional team of about 50 employees.
AB is open to any candidate. Selection occurs on the basis of competences, regardless of gender, religion, skin colour, nationality, sexual preference or disability. We strive for an inclusive operation that reflects the reality of Brussels – in the audience, on stage, and within the AB team.
AB is a forerunner in terms of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.
AB wants to reflect (Brussels) society in its operations: on stage, in the hall and amongst its employees. As of 2023, we will turn things around and hand over the operation of the bars to a diverse collection of youth, culture and sports associations. To steer this new way of working in the right direction, we are looking for a ‘catering volunteer coordinator’.
- You develop a volunteer policy in line with AB’s ambitions, culture and values.
- You are looking for a mix of (Brussels) associations that want to come operate the bar taps on a regular basis in AB. You map out the possibilities, interests and motivation per association.
- You are the first point of contact for the associations, both before and during the concert. You make the necessary agreements, provide a warm welcome, answer questions and assist where necessary.
- Together with our ‘music and community builder’ , you establish a solid network of associations and volunteers. You organise activities to strengthen the interactions between volunteers and their involvement at AB.
- You are involved in the activities of the associations, and you look for interesting interactions with the functioning of AB.
- Together with 2 catering colleagues, you are responsible for the catering operation of the concert bars: orders, cash register management, stock control, administration, … Together you permanently monitor the quality, range and service of the concert bars.
- You have at least 3-5 years of work experience. Enthusiasm and motivation are more important than degrees.
- You have been tried and tested in the volunteer/association life, or have been otherwise active as a volunteer. You know the uniqueness of volunteering and are convinced of the added value for AB. Your vision on this is innovative.
- You have catering experience, or experience in organising events. You work proactively, hands-on, systematically and goal-oriented.
- You possess the necessary soft skills to manage and motivate volunteers of all kinds.
- You are happy to work evenings and weekends.
- You have a good verbal and written knowledge of French and English.
- A fulltime contract of permanent employment.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group and hospital insurance, 13th month, year-end bonus and numerous fringe benefits.
- Sliding working hours, with the possibility of recovering overtime.
- Extensive training opportunities.
- A challenging job, lots of music and great colleagues.
Send your questions and/or letter of motivation and CV to email@example.com prior to 30 May.