Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more then 320,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top European concert venues. All this is managed by a motivated and extremely professional team of about 50 employees. In order to strengthen the business unit, we are looking for a ‘Bookkeeper’.
- As a ‘bookkeeper’, you focus on the day-to-day accounting transactions, and you work together with the financial manager on an optimal business policy for AB.
- You are responsible for the supplier accounting (checking and entering invoices, making payments and following up creditor management,… ) and customer accounting (following up debtor management, generating and entering diverse sales invoices,…)
- You are responsible for all payments in our payment system, Isabel.
- You prepare the ‘artist tax’ declaration, together with AB’s artistic team.
- You put together venue rental contracts for the B2B events of external concert organisers, and you ensure correct settlement of these.
- You manage the cash register and monitor the income from the lockers.
- You process the VISA statements.
- You analyse administrative processes and always seek opportunities to improve these.
- You are a part of the broader operations of AB and, if necessary, you also support other teams within AB. For example, it may be that the neighbours from the HR team could use some help, or you might fill in for someone at reception who is absent.
- You already have an initial bookkeeping experience under your belt, or you followed a relevant training (accounting administration, culture management…)
- Basic knowledge of BTW is essential. Knowledge of Winbooks is a plus.
- You are highly interested in the financial ins and outs of a concert venue.
- You gain a great deal of satisfaction from maintaining an accurate administration.
- You work in a structured and independent way to plan, carry out, and follow up tasks.
- You can deal with people well; you are communicative and socially adept.
- You work easily with others, both internally and externally, with other partners and organisations.
- You can handle confidential information; you are diplomatic and discreet in this respect.
- You have a basic knowledge of French & English.
- You feel involved in the workings of AB, and more specifically in the importance of a dynamic personnel policy in order to realise our ambitions. Your interest in AB is broad, and you are prepared to also support other teams administratively or logistically in busy periods.
- A fulltime or 4/5 employee contract of permanent employment.
- Renumeration according to the salary scale of PC 304.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group- and hospital insurance, 13th month.
- Ample training opportunities.
- A challenging job, lots of music, and great colleagues.
Send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 18 April. Since we are also looking for a new colleague as ‘HR Support’ (see other job vacancy), you may also mention experience and competences related to this position in your letter. We are looking for a strong tandem that can support each other during busy periods.
The first round of interviews will take on April 21. Employment can commence as soon as possible.
AB is open to any candidate. Selection occurs on the basis of competences, regardless of gender, religion, skin colour, nationality, sexual preference or disability. We strive for an inclusive operation that reflects the reality of Brussels – in the audience, on stage, and within the AB team.
AB is a forerunner in terms of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.