’70s jazz fusion with members of Dans Dans, STUFF., Cargo Mas, BRZZVLL ...
This is a Covid Safe Ticket concert! What do you need?
Bram Weijters' Crazy Men are back!
Led by keyboard wizard Bram Weijters, the band previously released a well-received remake of Koen de Bruyne’s cult album ‘Here Comes The Crazy Man’ from 1974. This time they dive a little deeper and dig up unsourced gems from early ‘70s Belgian jazz, jazz rock and fusion. Think: Michel Herrs 'Solis Lacus' or Marc Moulins 'Placebo Years 1971-1974', but also the music of American guitar legend Bill Frisell who lived in Belgium then and was highly active. Or just don’t think, and let yourself be carried away by a fresh, new look at an often overlooked part of our national musical history.
With contemporary arrangements, a tight sound and a first-class line-up of musicians – that you also encounter in bands like Cargo Mas, Dans Dans, BRZZVLL or STUFF. – Bram Weijters’ Crazy Men seek sparks and adventure at the intersection of jazz, fusion, improv and rock.
- Bram Weijters: piano & keyboards, samples
- Sam Vloemans (Cargo Mas): trumpet & effects
- Andrew Claes (STUFF. Internal Sun): C-melody & soprano sax, EWI, e-percussion
- Vincent Brijs (BRZZVLL, Defunkt ...): baritone sax
- Gerben Brys (MAY): bass guitar
- Steven Cassiers (Dans Dans): drums