This is a part of
Dance, Performance & Opera at AB
Dance meets Krautrock concert, that is the promise of ‘Into The Open’
We’ve dreamt of giving 'Lisbeth Gruwez dances Bob Dylan' a spot in AB for years but, due to circumstances, it never worked out. When Voetvolk turned out to be seeking a venue for its brand new production, one whereby they could interact with "traditional" concertgoers, that’s when ‘Into The Open’ immediately found its space on stage at AB.
In ‘Into The Open’ four dancers and three musicians goad each other on with pimped krautrock as it is made in the year 2021. Or: the repetitive aspect of Can crossed with the high voltage of The Chemical Brothers. The sophisticated scenography and the lighting take this show to the next level.
They also egg the audience on. With this crossover, Voetvolk is aiming at an audience that (of itself) already likes to dance. What happens in the venue is just as important as what happens on stage. A party that will linger for a long time. Let’s trance!
Credits ‘Into The Open’
- CONCEPT: Lisbeth Gruwez & Maarten Van Cauwenberghe
- CHOREOGRAPHY: Lisbeth Gruwez & performers
- PERFORMANCE: Wei-Wei Lee, Celine Werkhoven, Artemis Stavridi & Misha Demoustier
- MUSIC: Dendermonde (Maarten Van Cauwenberghe, Frederik Heuvinck & Elko Blijweert)
- LIGHT DESIGN: Yann Windey
- DRAMATURGY: Bart Meuleman
- TECHNICAL DIRECTOR: Gilles Roosen
- PRODUCTION DIRECTOR: Anita Boels
- COMMUNICATION: Sam Ecker
- PRODUCTION: Voetvolk vzw
- CO-PRODUCTION: KVS, AB (Ancienne Belgique), Theater Im Pumpenhaus, Dansens Hus Oslo en Vooruit Ghent
- WITH THE SUPPORT OF Kunstencentrum NONA, the Flemish Community & the Belgian Tax Shelter
- RESIDENCES Troubleyn | Jan fabre, KVS & Nona
© Danny Willems