AB, where the food is good! That’s what you always hear, isn’t it, when you ask artists about their experience at AB. And, as AB employees, we can confirm that… because sometimes we are lucky enough to come take a taste in the DELICIOUS backstage kitchen.
Covid-19, for musicians that mostly means waiting for better times – and thus plenty of time for musical and culinary experiments. This time, it is SONS and High Hi who take their positions in the kitchen. On the menu: a delicious chocolate cake designed by our chef, Rembert Notte. Come see what they make of it!
Chocolate cake! Try this at home and send us the result (#abconcerts)
- 170g salted butter
- 225g dark chocolate
- 400g white chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 225g granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- 250g cream
- seasonal fruit
- almond flakes
- icing sugar
- Grease a springform pan or baking pan with butter and then dust it with flour so that every corner and side is coated.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt 170g salted butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat. Add 225g dark chocolate and stir until all is melted.
- Meanwhile, beat 6 egg yolks (collect the egg whites for later) with 225g sugar until you obtain a pale yellow paste.
- Add to this the melted butter & chocolate and stir.
- Add 4 tbsp flour and combine until you have a smooth mixture, then leave it to cool for a while.
- Beat the 6 egg whites until stiff.
- Use a spatula to carefully combine the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture, until you have an smooth, airy mixture.
- Deposit the mixture into the desired baking pan and place it in the pre-heated oven for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. The cake will still be a little runny inside but that is intentional.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down in the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat 250g cream in a saucepan and then add 400g white chocolate. Stir until you have a smooth sauce and then pour it over the cake.
- Let everything cool down. Top with seasonal fruit, almond flakes (optional) & icing sugar.
Bon appétit !