Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more than 300,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top concert venues in Europe. All of this is kept on track by a motivated and extremely professional team of 50 employees. To reinforce our production team, we're looking for a production manager (f/m/x)
AB wants to reflect society in Brussels as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competency, irrespective of origin, age, or gender.
AB is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.
- You are a part of a team of experienced production managers, responsible for the general preparation for and execution of productions at the Ancienne Belgique.
- You carefully collect all information regarding the technical, organisational and logistical conditions for a concert and pass this information on to the other departments in a comprehensible and crystal clear way. You also convey technical solutions to realise the artistic concept.
- You draw up work plans and playbooks for the workers, and manage them during the production, taking into account the applicable regulations and the needs of the production.
- In consultation with the artistic department, you make clear and correct agreements with an artist’s entourage and with clients. You analyse to what extent AB can and will meet these expectations.
- You are an active part of a safe and very audience-friendly service.
- You check that all material, products and procedures used are in line with safety regulations and you apply these rules rigorously.
- You take action when there are problems, so that the continuity of the show is still guaranteed.
- You point out possible risks and safety measures to staff and managers.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience in a position such as this.
- You maintain the reputation of AB with your professionality.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch, English, and French.
- You have good computer skills. (Knowledge of a CAD program, to put together technical schemes, is an advantage.)
- You have a good general technical knowledge of show lighting – sound – backline – rigging and electricity.
- You have a driver’s license category B.
- You are a people manager and capable of motivating employees and creating enthusiasm.
- You have excellent organisational and communication skills.
- You are able to draw up budgets and manage them.
- You are client friendly, dynamic, have a positive attitude, and can handle stress.
- You take initiatives and contribute pro-actively to optimising work processes and service.
- You are familiar with the mission and values of AB.
- An open and informal working environment in a dynamic and enterprise-oriented business culture where communication, creativity and efficiency are actively encouraged.
- Full-time roster permanent employee contract with commencement as of 1 September 2019.
- Remuneration according to the salary scale of PC 304 Podiumkunsten, Salary Category B
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport for home-work travel, meal cheques, group and hospital insurance, 13th month.
- A great job in a very musical environment.
Send your enthusiastic application letter and detailed resume CV prior to 15 April 2019 with as subject “Kandidaatstelling Productiemanager”.
The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 29 April 2019.