As a recognized cultural institution of the Flemish Community, Ancienne Belgique contributes to the forming of cultural landscape in Flanders and Brussels. We create a bridge between the different communities in our country and work closely with other houses of culture, both in Belgium and in other European countries. AB is a strong brand, both with the general public and within the international music sector. Welcoming more than 300,000 visitors per year, AB belongs amongst the best concert venues of Europe. All this is kept on track by a motivated and extremely professional team.
We play an important role in the capital and fully support young talent. We strive for diversity in the likes of programming, personnel, collaboration and audience reach, and we are an ecologically sustainable organisation.
In order to strengthen our production team, we are looking for a Public Safety and Hospitality Officer.
- You are responsible for the daily planning & coordination of safety and reception of the public. You take into account the (artistic) programme and the predetermined budgets.
- You support the building manager in developing, implementing and monitoring the general health & safety policy within AB. You ensure that AB’s facilities meet the safety standards.
- In terms of safety and public relations, you ensure there are appropriate procedures, briefings and checks. You organise education and training for external and internal employees and stimulate their professional development.
- If necessary, you hold a safety meeting with the artist’s entourage.
- You are not deterred by involvement in crowd control and dealing with disturbances, so that our visitors can feel calm and comfortable.
- You work closely with the production managers. Together, you ensure an impeccable, safe and warm welcome.
- In consultation, and based upon a conscientious helicopter vision, you can make adjustments and improvements to operations, taking into account our core values.
- You collect and answer all questions and comments from our audience that relate to AB’s activities and do so in a customer-friendly manner.
- Together with the production managers, you ensure constructive interaction with the local authorities and the neighbourhood.
- You have a feel for AB’s artistic profile and its core values.
- You know the capital city through and through.
- You can engage in customer-friendly and helpful conversation with a diverse range of people.
- You have an eye for people who are in vulnerable situations.
- You are keen to learn.
- You are flexible, stress resistant, social and a team-player
- You work very accurately.
- You are prepared to work in the weekend and evening when necessary.
- You have an oral and written knowledge of Dutch, French, and English. Knowledge of a fourth language is an advantage.
- You can communicate well in writing.
- You combine strategic insight, communication skills and a hands-on mentality to achieve results.
- Fulltime contract of permanent employment.
- Remuneration according to the salary scale of PC 304.
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group & hospital insurance, 13th month.
- A challenging job, fantastic colleagues and especially: plenty of music.
Send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 November 2020. The first round of selection interviews will take place in the week of November 23. Commencement of employment planned for February 2021. AB reserves the right to change the date of commencement based upon the safety measures surrounding Covid-19.
AB wants to reflect society in Brussels as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competency, irrespective of origin, age, or gender.
AB is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector.
Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.