AB, where the food is good! That’s what you always hear, isn’t it, when you ask artists about their experience at AB. And, as AB employees, we can confirm that… because sometimes we are lucky enough to come take a taste in the DELICIOUS backstage kitchen. Chef Timmy from the AB Resto is kind enough to let us peek in his pots too. One thing is for sure, you are looking at a week of culinary pleasure.
This week – Part 1!
1. Beetroot Tartare for 4 pers. (by Chef Timmy)
- 600g cooked beetroot or 600g strip steak.
- 1 shallot, 2 fine gherkins, 2 tablespoons capers
- Half a bunch of parsley
- 200 ml mayonnaise or veganaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Tabasco (to taste)
- Dice the beetroot into small cubes (or the steak, and keep it well cooled)
- Finely chop the shallot and dice the gherkin into small pieces.
- Rinse the capers.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- For the sauce: Mix the mayonnaise or veganaise with the ketchup, mustard, tabasco and Worcestershire sauces.
- Mix the beetroot (or the meat) with the shallot, gherkin, capers and parsley.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Mix the sauce into this mixture.
- Taste, add extra pepper and salt if necessary.
Of course, this dish is to be eaten with fries and a fresh salad.
2. Ultra fast mayo (by Chef Rembert)
Put 1 egg, 1 Tbsp mustard and 1 Tbsp vinegar in a tall measuring cup and mix well with an immersion blender. Slowly add 300 ml neutral oil and mix to a smooth mayonnaise. Flavour with salt and pepper.
Vegan version: replace 1 egg with 100 ml soy milk
Tip: pre-mix the oil with a bunch of basil (or other herbs) to obtain a herby green mayonnaise.