‘I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was. I listened to Le Mystère all the time.’
‘I saw them live and I just thought: that’s IT. That’s the top. You can’t go further.'
(Lisa Gerrard - Dead Can Dance)
‘Le Mystère des voix Bulgares’ – or: a unique 22-member female choir – will charm the Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula on 16/12. You can expect traditional Bulgarian Christmas songs and carols. Tickets & Info HERE!
You may not (yet) have known these things about this wonderful and impressive choir:
- The choir was established in 1952 already!
- Their music was used in the Lady Gaga documentary ‘Five Foot Two’
- Le Mystère (together with Lisa Gerard) already filled our hall with their wonderful voices in 2018, during the BRDCST festival. They were programmed in AB for the first time in 1990.
- There is always a piano in the backline to tune their voices to.
- And DJ Tiësto remixed one of their tracks for the computer game 'Alone in the Dark' in 2008.