Farewell Huis 23, hello AB Salon! After a thorough make-over, Huis 23 has been renamed AB Salon, the place for reflection within AB. A warm, cosy room allowing scope for anyone from singer/songwriters and contemporary classical, right down to experimental and electronic music. And there is more: with artist talks, lectures and screenings of (music) documentaries, AB Salon will add an extra dimension to your concert experience.
There will be (inter)national book launches and Classic Album sessions too. During the Classic Album sessions, the audience can get to know the classics that shaped the contemporary music scene. Established partners such as Poppunt and PXL will be organising regular courses and workshops in AB Salon. The activities in AB Salon are - virtually all - free of charge. In this way, we aim to keep them as accessible as possible and enable as many people as possible to attend.
On the programme during the opening 10-day period:
- CONCERT: SYLVAIN CHAUVEAU > WEDNESDAY 20 SEPTEMBER
- CONCERT: WANNES CAPPELLE & BROEDER DIELEMAN > THURSDAY 21 SEPTEMBER (om 20u) + THURSDAY 21 SEPTEMBER (om 22u)
- CONCERT: JEROME NOETINGER & AUDE ROMAY + screening: TONY CONRAD – COMPLETELY IN THE PRESENT > FRIDAY 22 SEPTEMBER
- CONCERT: JEAN DL & KAREN WILLEMS > SATURDAY 23 SEPTEMBER
- CONCERT: MATTHEW AND THE ATLAS > SUNDAY 24 SEPTEMBER
- ARTIST TALK: COLDCUT 30 YEARS > WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER
- GELUKKIG ZIJN SESSIE: HUMOR > WEDNESDAY 27 SEPTEMBER
- LISTENING SESSION: DOUGLAS FIRS ‘HINGES OF LUCK’ > THURSDAY 28 SEPTEMBER
- CONCERT: LONEY DEAR > FRIDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
- TALK: ‘JAZZ 100: How Sun Ra's Definitive Singles Catalog Finally Saw The Light of Day’ > SATURDAY 30 SEPTEMBER
- INTERVIEW + LISTENING SESSION: GIRLS IN HAWAII ‘NOCTURNE’ > SUNDAY 1 OCTOBER