The non-profit organisation Ancienne Belgique is a thriving concert hall with an international reputation which has been putting on concerts in the heart of Brussels for more than 35 years. Each year AB organises around 300 concerts, ranging from Tinariwen to Charlotte de Witte, Gregory Porter by way of Heaven Shall Burn to Bart Peeters, Melanie De Biasio by way of Nils Frahm to Machine Gun Kelly and Romeo Elvis and IMDDB by way of Bazart to Death Grips. Every year AB plays welcomes around 300,000 concertgoers.
As an institution of the Flemish community the AB fulfils a local and international pilot function. Our project activities (Global Street Sounds, JAZZ 100, ABBOTA, Liveurope, BRDCST, In Residence-programme etc.) are a vital part of that.
This is all achieved and steered in the right direction by a professional team of around 50 highly driven individuals.
In order to strengthen the programming team we are looking for a full time (m/f/x) programmer.
- You are responsible for defining the artistic approach within the programming[HC(1] unit
- You ensure the practical execution and completion of the regular programming, the artistic conclusion of commercial partnerships (including NEON, Lotto Late Night) and projects
- You work closely with all the teams involved in getting your concerts up and running (marketing, ticketing, production & financing)
- You meticulously manage the budgets that have been allocated to you and make adjustments where necessary
- You have minimum 3 years’ experience as a music programmer
- You have an extensive knowledge of (inter)national pop music with a specific focus on harder genres (such as metal, hardcore etc.), dance and hip-hop
- You understand the needs and desires of the Belgian concert audience
- You are able to evaluate the potential of a (future) artist
- You can capitalise on artistic risks (in the short or long term)
- You are able to select what’s best on the (inter)national scene
- You think outside the box and can develop your own artistic projects
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the structure of the Belgian music scene (agencies, record companies, managers,…)
- You have access to a strong (inter)national network
- You have excellent negotiation skills
- You are familiar with the administrative aspect of programming (costings, withholding tax on international artists, VAT regulations, royalties etc.)
- Creativity is your driving force: you are open minded, think outside the box and are full of new or original ideas
- You are proactive and take initiatives
- You work methodically and in a well-organised manner and are good at prioritising
- You are stress-resistant
- You are a born networker and a powerful communicator
- You are flexible: the job involves evening and weekend work
- A permanent full-time contract start date: mid-February 2018
- Salary according to the pay scale of the performing arts (Joint Committee 304), pay category A
- Reimbursement of public transport season ticket for travel between home and the workplace, luncheon vouchers, group and hospitalisation insurance, 13th month
How to apply:
Send us your covering letter and CV in Dutch before the end of the day on 10 December (midnight) to firstname.lastname@example.org with as subject ‘Kandidaatstelling vacature Programmator’. The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 11 December.
AB wants to reflect Brussels society as well as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. The selection will be made on the basis of skills, irrespective of the origin, age or gender of the candidate.
AB is a leader in the field of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector. Environmental considerations form an essential component of all the decisions it makes.