Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more than 300,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top concert venues in Europe. All of this is kept on track by a motivated and extremely professional team of 50 employees. To strengthen our communications team, we are looking for a (f/m/x)
- You are the first point of contact for all press-related enquiries
- You define strategies to generate as much editorial attention as possible for concerts in AB but also for activities not related to concerts
- You draft press mails and distribute them
- You organise press conferences and press days
- You monitor and report everything that appears in the media in relation to AB
- You are the middle-(wo)man for the media on one hand and artists and their management on the other
- You manage the budget for media campaigns, prepare briefings and take care of the planning
- You establish media partnerships and ensure their follow-up
- You develop marketing ideas for concert promotion together with your colleagues
- You are involved in manning the guest-list counter on concert nights (1-2 x/week)
- You assist your colleagues in other communication tasks such as copywriting and social media
- Enthusiasm, experience and motivation is more important than diplomas
- You already have experience as a press officer or communications worker
- You are familiar with the culture or music sector
- You have a sense of initiative and work well independently and in team
- You are stress-resistant and know how to organise your work well
- You are a social person and can establish and maintain good relations, you are credible in this position
- You can express yourself well, both verbally and in writing
- You can speak and write well in Dutch, French and English
- You are prepared to sometimes do evening and weekend work
- You’re thinking that you could have composed this advertisement better
- Fulltime contract of permanent employment with immediate commencement
- Remuneration according to the salary scale of PC 304, Salary Category B
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport for home-work travel, meal cheques, group and hospital insurance, 13th month.
- A challenging job in a fantastic team.
Send your letter of motivation and résumé/CV to email@example.com prior to 30 June 2017, with as subject “Candidate Press Officer”. The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 3 July 2017.
AB wants to reflect society in Brussels as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competency, irrespective of origin, age, or gender.
AB is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector.
Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.