Ancienne Belgique is a vibrant music temple in the heart of Brussels. With around 320 concerts and more than 300,000 visitors per year, AB is one of the top concert venues in Europe. This is all kept on track by a motivated and extremely professional team of 50 employees. To strengthen our TCMATIC (Team Communication Marketing & Ticketing), we are looking for a Press and & PR Officer.
- You are the first point of contact for all press-related enquiries.
- You define strategies and come up with ‘story angles’ to generate as much editorial attention as possible, for concerts in AB and for other projects (BRDCST, Boterhammen in het Park, Feeëriën, charities, the Annual Report,…)
- You organise press conferences and press days.
- You monitor and report everything that appears in the media in relation to AB.
- You are middleman for the media on one hand and artists & their management on the other.
- You establish media partnerships and take care of the follow-up.
- You manage the budget for media campaigns, prepare briefings and take care of the planning.
- You are involved in defining AB’s ‘influencer’ marketing strategy.
- You develop marketing ideas for concert promotion, together with your colleagues.
- You are involved in manning the ticket counter on concert nights (1/week)
- You assist your colleagues in other communication tasks such as ‘copywriting’ and ‘social media’.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience as Press Officer or Communications Officer.
- You are familiar with the intricacies of the cultural or music sector.
- You work proactively and independently, without losing sight of what your colleagues are working on.
- You are immune to stress and are able to organise your work well.
- Expanding a network and creating enthusiasm in people is second nature to you.
- You write creatively, taking into account diverse target groups and media.
- You are fluently trilingual (NL/FR/ENG), both verbally and in writing.
- You’re not put off by evening and weekend work.
- Fulltime contract of permanent employment.
- Remuneration according to the salary scale of PC 304
- Reimbursement of travel on public transport between home and work, meal vouchers, group & hospital insurance, 13th month.
- A challenging job with fantastic colleagues and especially: a lot of music.
Send your letter of motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 15. The first round of interviews will take place in the week of August 19.
AB wants to reflect society in Brussels as fully as possible. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Selection will take place based upon competency, irrespective of origin, age, or gender.
AB is a forerunner in the area of ecology and sustainability within the cultural sector.
Environmental considerations form an essential part of all our decisions.