Ancienne Belgique vzw, a busy concert hall of international renown, has operated in the heart of Brussels for close to forty years. AB holds about 300 concerts a year. From Tinariwen to Beck; from Gregory Porter to Sleep and Bart Peeters and Selda; from Melanie De Biasio through Nils Frahm to Angèle; from Romeo Elvis and IAMDDB through Tamino to Death Grips: AB opens its doors to about 300,000 concert goers a year.
As an institute of the Flemish Community AB has a trendsetting role to play, both locally and internationally. One of the key elements is our portfolio of projects (Global Street Sounds, BRDCST, Liveurope, the In Residence program, etc.). A team of 50 or so professional and highly motivated individuals keep these projects up and running.
We are currently looking for a full time administrative assistant (m/f/x) to strengthen the programming team.
- You would be responsible for providing administrative and (pre)production support for the artistic unit to keep the concert operations running optimally.
- You would provide the correct paperwork for all parties concerned, both external (agencies, managers and artists) and internal (production & finance unit).
- You would track and check all contracts, riders & costings relating to the concert activities.
- You would arrange transport and accommodation for artists.
- You would monitor the (annual) artistic budget closely.
- You would be the administrative link in the chain of the European Liveurope network.
- You are familiar with the administrative aspect of programming: costings, advance taxes for foreign artists, VAT regulations, copyrights, etc.)
- You are familiar with concert operations.
- You are meticulous and good with figures
- You can set priorities, follow a plan and are well organized
- You are stress resistant
- You are flexible: this job involves evening and weekend work
- You aim to simplify the administrative processes
What we offer:
- Full-time, open-ended office employment contract starting ASAP (+/- September 2018).
- Pay according to the scale set by Stage Arts Joint Committee 304, wage category C
- Reimbursement of commuter travel by public transport, luncheon vouchers, ecocheques, group and hospital insurance, 13th month, etc.
Please send your covering letter and CV in Dutch by Monday 13 August 11.00 to email@example.com stating as your subject ‘Kandidaatstelling vacature administratief assistent’. The first round of interviews will take place in the week commencing 20 August.
AB aims to be a true reflection of Brussels society. Ethnic/cultural minorities are encouraged to apply. Candidates are selected by merit, irrespective of origin, age or gender.
AB is a pioneer in ecology and sustainability in the cultural sector. Environmental considerations are of prime importance in all our decision-making processes.