NEON is ready for its third edition, with AB and Proximus planning another unforgettable all-nighter. On Friday December 22nd, from 10 p.m. till 6 a.m., AB will be transformed into a sweltering nightclub for its annual celebration of electronic music.
This year’s undisputed headliner is supreme goddess of Belgian techno Charlotte de Witte. The evening’s festivities are of course already entirely sold out. But if you are a DJ and can see yourself fitting in this picture, there is hope. You could join the line-up and help to kick off this autumn’s ultimate techno event.
What do you need to do?
1. Upload a monumental DJ set of at least one hour to a platform that allows you to share a link to it (e.g. Soundcloud, Bandcamp, YouTube, Audiomack, Reverbnation…). Keep in mind that NEON is a techno festival, so if your set consists of hardcore house, black metal or German schlager music, your chances of success will likely be smaller than the Higgs boson.
2. Upload a photo of yourself or your project.
3. Provide a link to your set.
4. Also provide an (optional) short bio and a link to your website or Facebook page.
All done! Not quite done yet, actually: be sure to enlist all your friends to vote for you. That could turn out to be quite important!
Entries are open from Tuesday November 7th until Sunday December 10th. The crew at NEON will then handpick 7 acts for the shortlist, with 3 more acts added based on the number of public votes.
From that shortlist of 10 names, Charlotte de Witte will choose a final top 3. At which point it’s time for prizes!
- 1st place: plays a live set from 10 p.m. till 11 p.m. and gets VIP access for 4 people [including the winner(s)]
- 2nd and 3rd place: access to the VIP area for 3 people [including the winner(s)]
- 4th-10th place: each receive two tickets for NEON
Now go and spin those decks!